- Hindraf has decided to throw its full support behind PAS candidate Nizar Jamaluddin, the former Perak menteri besar, in the Bukit Gantang by-election in Perak.
Hindu Rights Action Force (Hindraf) , human rights movement for Indians or .....
- Hindraf has decided to stay away from Bukit Selambau, which would see a record number of 15 candidates, including 13 independent candidates, vying for the seat.The decision was made by local Hindraf leadership on Sunday."We will mobilise our supporters and, spend our time and energy only for PAS in Bukit Gantang," said the human rights group’s Penang deputy coordinator, R Sanjeeviramah, also known as Sanjay.
Hindu Rights Action Force (Hindraf) prefer PAS rather than supporting an Indian candidate
- The Hindu rights movement’s local leaders and supporters have decided to boycott Bukit Selambau in protest against PKR and its supremo Anwar Ibrahim’s decision not to field its national coordinator RS Thanenthiran as PKR candidate.
Hindu Rights Action Force (Hindraf) struggle all the while for ADUN seat ?
- "PAS has been the only party to respect us and value our contributions," said Sanjay, accusing DAP and PKR of only giving lip service to Hindraf
- Former Jerai division chief B Kalaivanar and some 500 supporters resigned from the party and closed down their branches.Kalaivanar is upset that Anwar had overlooked him as a candidate and accused the PKR supremo of being a dictator.
It takes 50 years for them to go againts BN, but it only took 1 year for them to reject DAP, PKR and Anwar Ibrahim.
- Two other PKR members, S Moganakumar and A Jayagopal, meanwhile are contesting the seat as independent candidates, allegedly under protest against Manikumar’s candidature.