DS Anwar Ibrahim :
- I have more than 31 Barisan MPs have agreed to cross over to Pakatan Rakyat.
- I am appealing (for this meeting with PM) in the name of political stability and a smooth transition. It will be preposterous for the Prime Minister to deny me this meeting.
- I would even give the Prime Minister the names of Barisan MPs wanting to defect to the Pakatan Rakyat alliance of opposition parties.
DS Abdullah :
- I don’t think he has the names. If he does, I don’t think he would wait to inform the people (of the names)
- There is no reason for me to meet him because I don’t think he has the names. He is just getting the people to focus on him and his political ploy. I do not need to see him.
- Reveal the names of the Barisan Nasional MPs the Opposition Leader claims are crossing over to Pakatan Rakyat.
Tengku Razaleigh :
- Speaking about Anwar’s promise about a takeover by Sept 16, he said that if did not happen by the PKR adviser’s own self-imposed deadline, he should be branded a liar.
- As for Umno itself, there is the so-called transition plan -- in which Prime Minister Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi was supposed to hand over his post to his deputy Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak by 2010 -- which was on, then seemed to have been put on the back-burner, and was now “on again,”
- “Stop it! We must be brave in order to be leaders”